Spread some love at home with a simple felt banner for Valentine’s Day.
It’s tempting to pick up new seasonal decor every year, but that can get awfully pricey. Why now make this year’s holiday decor? You’ll save lots and can brag about your handiwork!
How to Make A Valentine’s Day Banner
Welcome guests into your home with this cheerful sign on the door.
What You Need:
White Felt – Small sheet
Red Felt – Large sheet. We bought about a yard.
Hot Glue Gun
Dowel Rod – Cut 2″ wider than your felt banner will be.
How To Make A Valentine’s Wall Hanging
1. Trace banner shape onto red felt and cut out. Ours is 12″ across the top, 14″ tall, and 6″ for the ‘legs’ of the notch.
2. Trace your hand (or a kiddo’s) on white felt and cut out. We added some heart shapes for extra flair.
3. Glue the dowel rod to the top of the red felt with 1″ extending on each side. Roll the dowel rod down until it’s completely covered with felt and secure with more glue.
4. Position your felt shapes. Fold down the middle and ring fingers to create the ASL ‘I love you’ sign.
5. Adhere all shapes with hot glue, including the folded-down fingers.
6. Run a bead of hot glue along the edge of the banner and attach pom-pom trim. Glue 2-3 inch sections at a time, making sure that the trim stays straight. When you reach a corner, cut the trim. Start on the opposite edge overlapping slightly on the previous piece.
7. That’s all! Hang your festive sign on a wall, door, or window to spread the love.
Try This! Make a kid’s hand version! Just cut your red felt a bit longer and trace the hands of each of your little ones. Arrange them in size order with smallest at the top, and biggest at the bottom. Add mom and dad’s too for a full-family display!
Missed A Few Crafty at Home Episodes? Watch Them All!
Have an idea for a project? Tweet to us @BlindsDotCom with #CraftyAtHome and you might see your idea on the show!