Just like traditional homes, window blinds can be custom-made for houseboats and RV’s. We recommend custom made window blinds and shades over ready-made window coverings to ensure you receive the perfect look and fit!
Like other homeowners, RV and boat dwellers want beautiful window treatments for privacy, light control and a great designer look.
Here are few things that anyone who owns a mobile home or boat should consider when choosing blinds or shades:
1) Curtains can incur more dust in mobile homes, and dust from the road or sea air can become easily trapped. Avoid heavy curtains if possible.
2) Constant lowering to protect from the heat, and raising to see the night sky can wear blinds down more quickly.
3) Operation in bumpy conditions, whether riding the waves or driving the open road, can lead to further damage.
Protect your RV and boat windows from UV rays
Blinds allow for total privacy, but only when you want it. Most places you’d park and sleep in an RV or boat would provide little, if any, seclusion. Blinds will ensure that you’re not woken up by strangers peeking through your windows.
RV’s and boats are extremely susceptible to sun damage, as are the people living inside of them. The charm of these vehicles is that they provide scenic views for all aboard. However, that beautiful sun will fade and warp furniture, while damaging your skin.
It will also make it very difficult to cool down the vehicle during hot Summer months. Blinds are a great way to insulate RV’s and trap in air conditioning, and block out the sun reflecting off the water into those houseboat windows.
Top 3 Window Treatments for Moveable Homes
#1 - Solar Shades
- Great insulators
- Protect your view out to the outside while making it difficult for people to see in
- Protect from UVA and UVB rays as well as sun damage
#2 – Shutters
- Extremely durable
- Optimal light control
- Gorgeous, and never go out of style
- They fit snugly in the window casing to prevent slippage and damage
#3 – Aluminum Mini Blinds
- Durable, great for homes with kids and pets
- Long lasting
- Available in lots of colors
- Very inexpensive
- Allows for better light control due to adjustable slats
What are YOUR favorite ways to cover your RV and houseboat windows? Be sure to check out our handy window film too!