Just like traditional homes, window blinds can be
custom-made for houseboats and RV’s. Customization is recommended over
ready-made window coverings; they’re more durable, and will fit the size of
smaller windows to your specifications. Like other homeowners, RV and boat dwellers
want their décor to look chic and beautiful for their own enjoyment and for
entertaining. Here are few things that anyone who owns a mobile home or boat
should consider when choosing blinds or shades:
1) Curtains can incur more dust in mobile homes, and dust from the road or sea air can
become easily trapped. Avoid heavy curtains if possible.
2) Constant lowering to protect from the heat, and raising to see the night sky can wear
blinds down more quickly.
3) Operation in bumpy conditions, whether riding the waves or driving the open road, can
lead to further damage.
Why They’re Recommended
Blinds allow for total privacy, when it’s necessary. Most
places you’d park and sleep in an RV or boat would provide little, if any, seclusion.
Blinds will ensure that you’re not woken up by strangers peeking through your
RV’s and boats are extremely susceptible to sun damage, as
are the people living inside of them. The charm of these vehicles is that they
provide scenic views for all aboard. However, that beautiful sun will fade and
warp furniture, while damaging your skin. It will also make it very difficult
to cool down the vehicle during hot Summer months. Blinds are a great way to
insulate RV’s and trap in air conditioning, and block out the sun reflecting
off the water into those houseboat windows.
What to Choose – The Top 3 Window Treatments for Moveable
1. Solar Shades
– Great insulators
– Protect your view out to the outside while making it difficult for people to see in
– Protect from UVA and UVB rays as well as sun damage
– Extremely durable
– Optimal light control
– Gorgeous, and never go out of style
– They fit snugly in the window casing to prevent slippage and damage
– Durable, great for homes with kids and pets
– Long lasting
– Available in lots of colors
– Very inexpensive
– Allows for better light control due to adjustable slats