Pop into a home decor retailer near you, and you’ll agree – natural wood accents are everywhere. We’re not talking about the lacquered mahogany that’s in your parent’s dining room. This new trend is all about the reclaimed, organic and unfinished. Rustic materials are being used in contemporary shapes for a hybrid look that’s like nothing we’ve ever seen before.
1. Reclaimed barn wood and chippy carved pieces with a beautiful patina make up this console cabinet.
2. Tailored leather furniture gets a casual spin when paired with this rustic end table.
3. This breakfast table has an unfinished wood top that’s nipped in with an iron barrel ring. Pair it with wicker chairs to amp up the texture.
4. Mid century modern goes rustic when this classic table design is paired with a top made from a mixture of exotic white oak and black walnut.
5. Rich cherry wood slices make charming nesting tables with retro hairpin legs.
6. Odd pieces don’t have to go to waste, as this puzzle piece end table shows.
7. Although we don’t see them during their lifetime, unearthed stumps make incredible coffee tables for large spaces.
8. These blonde wood tables will look like they just sprouted up on either side of a couch.
9. This wood heart table gives more traditional functionality, but the knots and flowing grain give it unmistakable character.
10. Dug up roots bring the same organic beauty that coral does. Perch a bunch on a table top or nestle it into a bookcase.
11. Taxidermy not your thing? Why not adorn a wall with this horse sculpture made from driftwood.
12. A stack of these knotty pine books would be a charming addition to a nightstand.
13. We ran across this big guy and had to share. This elk’s rustic wood scrap exterior is beautiful, but where would you put him?
14. This side table looks like a beaver got to it, but aren’t the variegated rings striking?
15. Although, not technically wood, we love these twiggy metal pieces. These gilded limbs are too pretty to tuck away in a corner.
16. The knots and grain of this floor lamp will glow in the soft light coming form above.
17. The real-wood version of this table might be found in a mountain lodge, but with a bronze finish and beveled glass top, it’s as high fashion as they come.
Which look do you like best? Let us know in the comments!
Want To Go Natural With Your Windows?
Woven wood shades bring the texture and organic beauty of wood to your windows. Choose from hundreds of weaves made from jute, grasses and bamboo to find the perfect match for your home.
Get the look for less during July -