The promise of immortality is alluring – how many epic adventure movies have centered around a rogueish hero seeking the fountain of youth? How many cosmetic companies exist on the premise of everlasting beauty?
We certainly won’t be hawking any skin creams, but absolutely believe in saving space in the landfill and keeping money in your pocket by giving your furniture new life!
Re-covering, re-finishing, re-painting, re-purposing – there are so many ways to extend your chairs, sofas and tables lives. Here are some of our favorites:
- How to Refurbish a Chair on ApartmentTherapy
- Use laminated cotton to spruce up a chair in your bathroom!
- Etsy video inspiration with Spruce Home re-upholstery company (see the video above!)
- How to recover a seat cushion (no sewing required) from Houzz
- ‘Then & Now: Best Seat In The House’ before and after chair shots from Laura Ashley
Enter the Laura Ashley ‘Wish Upon An Old Chair’ giveaway!
Feel like really making this furniture re-covering thing happen? Enter the Laura Ashley ‘Wish Upon An Old Chair’ giveaway on Facebook for a chance to win fabric and a decorative cushion!
Your freshly upholstered chair could be the perfect complement to a new coordinating Laura Ashley window treatment. Who says windows and chairs can’t be BFFs?
Don’t forget our Blinds.com Eco-Goody Basket Giveaway too – so many ways to win, look great and do good for the planet. And THAT’S something we hope never dies!