Wintertime brings holiday cheer and time with family, but for many it also means itchy dry skin. Make homemade sugar scrub for yourself and decompress from holiday stress (get ready for buttery soft skin).
Or make a big batch – this is the perfect gift idea for grandmothers, moms, sisters, and aunts. Honestly, the guys in your life will steal a scoop when you’re not looking, so don’t be afraid to make an unscented batch for them too.
3 Minute Homemade Sugar Scrub
This project is deceptively easy (and cheap!). All you need is sugar from the pantry and baby oil.
What You Need:
Baby Oil – We used this shea & cocoa butter scent.
Ribbon or Twine
How To Make Homemade Sugar Scrub:
1. Pour sugar into a large mixing bowl. No exact measurements are necessary, just use enough to fill your canning jar.
2. Add enough baby oil to coat sugar and mix. Start with a little oil and add more until the sugar no longer looks dry or powdery.
3. Add a few drops of essential oil. Don’t over do it! Only 3-5 drops are needed for several cups of sugar.
4. Fill jars with scrub. Make sure you choose a container with a good seal like a canning jar or tupperware. Because the scrub is sugar based, it can attract ants.
5. Cut scrapbook paper to fit under the lid for a festive look. If you like, you can also use plain cardstock and write a holiday message or instructions on the top.
6. Tie ribbon around the jar or add a printable mason jar label and you’re done!
How to Use Sugar Scrub:
To slough away dull winter skin, just wet your hands, and rub a teaspoon of scrub for about a minute, and rinse. Sugar exfoliates gently while a little oil stays behind to moisturize. This scrub is also perfect for dry elbows and feet. Use it all over and banish dry, itchy skin all season long.
Missed A Few Crafty at Home Episodes? Watch Them All!
Have an idea for a project? Tweet to us @BlindsDotCom with #CraftyAtHome and you might see your idea on the show!