Not all awkward corners can be filled with houseplants. Designers are turning to vintage bar carts which bring functionality and style to small spaces in a snap. A well stocked cart gives endless flexibility during a party, and is perfect when you want to take gathering out on to the patio.
Achieving this look is essentially effortless. Spray paint a salvaged cart gold, and stock it with fun bar ware, and add some colorful accessories. Seems easy enough, but scroll down for endless variations and inspiration.
What To Look For In A Bar Cart:
Sturdy wheels for a quick get away. Anything rickety might be a risk to your pretty glassware. A push handle is nice too.
Interesting Details. The brass detail and retro shape of this cart make it a stand-out piece. A lamp on top adds an intimate glow.
Not into Vintage? Lucite is a fun alternative for modern spaces.
Great storage. This industrial cart’s drawers and ample surface area will ensure that supplies stay stocked all night long. Built-in wine racks or glasses holders are nice to have as well.
A Unique Look. Hearken back to the tiki bar craze with a kitschy bamboo cart. This would pair perfectly with woven bamboo blinds.
How to Style and Stock Your Cart:
- Use trays to separate bottles and glassware by type.
- Add some coordinating color accents on top and bottom to create a flow.
- Don’t get too crowded. If you have an extensive glassware collection, there’s no need to pile it all on the cart. Choose your favorites for everyday display, and restock as necessary during party time.
- Check out this infographic to see if you’ve got the essential liquors and mixers.
- When it comes to barware, we love these: ice bucket //shaker // tool set // coasters
Other Ways to Style Bar Carts:
These design workhorses can do so much more than hold bottles and swizzle sticks. Here are a few other ways bar carts can come in handy.
All the storage space means a bar cart can double as the perfect bedside table.
Alternative Bar Carts:
Can’t track down a vintage gem or spring for a new version? Here are a few variations that are just as stylish and functional.
Are you a Bar Cart Lover?
Pin your favorite cart for later and let us know why you like it in the comments!