One of our favorite decorating gurus Sharon Hines, writes at Mrs. Hines Class to share her decorating wisdom and the most mouthwatering recipes around. Check out her foyer decorating tips and and beautiful new fabric roman shades!
Sharon is on a quest to give each room in her home a ‘wow’ factor as a part of her House Beautiful Series. After updating her living room with cozy, casual drapes she has since moved forward to tackle the foyer.
Soft Sophisticated Shades
Sharon started by updating her foyer window coverings with Classic Roman Shades. After pouring over the hundreds of available fabrics and deciding between flat fold vs soft fold, she settled on Donetta Barley and the seamless flat look.
Here’s what she had to say when they arrived:
“I was very pleased when we hung the shades. I think they add the perfect modern touch and just the right amount of sophistication to the space.”
Sharon’s 7 Simple Steps To Create A Welcoming Foyer:
1. Incorporate warm colors. Peach, gold, and soft yellow are all very inviting.
2. Display family photos and other meaningful things that share a little bit about who you are.
3. Have a place for guests to hang their coats and set their belongings. Hooks, benches, baskets, coat racks and even chairs make a convenient catch-all.
4. Add warmth through pattern and texture.
5. Set out fresh flowers. You can save money by taking clippings from outdoors.
6. Hang a mirror so that your guests can check themselves before coming or going.
7. Light candles or turn on lamps to create ambiance.
Get More Decorating Tips From Mrs. Hines’ Class
Be sure to follow Sharon Hines on Google+! Every week she hosts an ‘After Class’ Hangout with decorating experts and DIY gurus. Check out this After Class from June about upcycling and thrifting. Be sure to read Sharon’s entire Blinds.com Review on her blog.
Want To Get The Look?
Refresh your home with Blinds.com Brand Classic Roman Shades in the fabric of your choice. We have a wide variety of colors and textures that are sure to fit any style. Sharon chose the flat constriction for a sleeker look, but the soft fold will give your shades volume and drama.
What makes your foyer cozy and inviting?
Let us know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow Blinds.com on Google+ too!